Only a couple of days and Fall will be here. The time of year where we get to wear chunky sweaters, eat, smell, and drink pumpkin flavored everything and watch the leaves change. We love this time of the year. It’s also a time where the holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving allow us to eat not so healthily. Which hey, we all can’t resist the temptation. Which is why we’ve created a list of some of our favorite healthy Fall drinks and treats.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Alternative
We’ve all been waiting for this delicious Fall treat from Starbucks. Yet we all know how sugary and calorie dense this popular beverage is. So how do you still get to drink this delicious drink yet keep out the sugar and fat? You make it yourself. Before you make a run to your nearest Starbucks or coffee shop try making this healthy alternative at home.
- 3tbsp Pumpkin puree
- ½ Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2tsp Maple syrup
- 1 Sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 8oz Cup of coffee
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Oat Cookies
This three-ingredient treat will be a Fall favorite in your house. It’s not only delicious but super healthy and makes the perfect on the go snack. Here’s what you need:
In one big bowl mix:
- 1 Cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 ½ Cups rolled or quick oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
After mixing, form the batter into cookie shapes and place it on a baking sheet. Bake the cookies on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Let them cool and then enjoy.
Waist Snatchers Detox Tea
Fall is the perfect time of the year to break out a warm cup of tea, so why not be extra proactive and healthy and get a detox in at the same time. Try the Waist Snatchers detox tea which helps boost your metabolism while simultaneously stimulating your body to naturally and gently cleanse itself.
Healthy Cinnamon Apples
Since we can get them all year round we forget that apples are actually a Fall fruit and there are so many amazing Fall recipes that pair well with them, from apple cider to apple pies, this fruit is so versatile. So there was no question that we had to add this healthy apple cinnamon recipe to our list.
- 4 Pounds of apples cored and sliced not too thinly
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ¼ Cup apple juice
- ¼ Cup honey
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2-3 tsp organic cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Put the apples and butter in skillet and cook until the butter has fully melted and coated the apples
- Mix the apple juice, sweetener, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and pour it over the apple slices. Toss it all together, cover it with a lid and let it simmer on medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- You can let it simmer until it’s thickened or if you decide to add the cornstarch now’s the time to add it to your mix and toss it quickly.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar and serve it hot.
Tip: You can top the apples on your pancakes or waffles, or you can eat them as a side dish to another meal.