Sometimes you’re just craving a sweet or salty snack, especially when you just started your healthy living journey. But don’t break away from your healthy habits just yet, we’ve created a list of some of the best guiltfree nutritious snacks, so you can continue to stay fit and healthy.
How to Pick a Healthy Snack
Before we share our list we want to help you learn how to pick snacks that are not only delicious, but also good for you. Going down the snack aisle you might feel overwhelmed with what to pick so we’ve created some easy ways for you to find what will satisfy your cravings, but also nourish your body.
- Always pick snacks with short ingredient lists. Honestly the less ingredients the better.
- If you can pick snacks that are high in fiber, low in sugar, and high in water the better.
- Pair your snacks with a protein, (ex. Apples and peanut butter, hummus and carrots.)
- Fruits and vegetables are your friend. Seriously, those are the best snack foods.
- Aim for dairy products that are low in fat.
So now that we’ve delved into the how to pick a healthy snack, we can now share our list of some of our favorite go-to snacks that fit into these criteria.
Tip: While eating your fresh vegetables skip the ranch or blue cheese dip and use hummus or peanut butter instead. Peanut butter also pairs well with different fruits such as apples and bananas.