Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we all know this, but so often we skimp out on eating this important meal by choosing unhealthy foods. This is often because our mornings, especially during the week, can also be the most hectic part of our day. All we want is to just throw a quick meal together so we can rush out the door and start our day. But quick doesn’t have to be unhealthy, so today we’re sharing our favorite healthy granola recipe. We love granola because it’s a wholesome and nutritious breakfast option that is not only healthy but also filling and quick to make. We also love that you can make your own
Honey Almond Granola Recipe
- 4 Cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ Cups raw slivered almonds
- 1 Tsp fine grain sea salt
- ¼ Tsp cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp ground ginger
- ½ Cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ Cup & tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¾ Tsp vanilla
- ½ Cup dried apricots
- ¼ Cup chopped dried cranberries, cherries, raisins, or currants
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl add the oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Stir it thoroughly. Next add a baking sheet on a pan.
- Then add the oil, honey, and vanilla by stirring it in. Next spread the granola out onto your pan in an even layer. Bake the granola for 22 to 26 minutes. Make sure to stir it halfway.
- Once done let the granola cool, then stir in the chopped fruit.
Tip: To keep your granola fresh, while storing keep it in an airtight container at room temperature.